Thursday 13 March 2008

Production log for Becky

Today, i finished my magazine front cover.
I was worrying quite a lot as i didn't think it looked professional enough and i changed a few things around.
First of all, i moved the banner from the side underneath the masthead to the bottom and changed the words and colour scheme. The words used to be 'Special Edition' but after seeing that the others in my group had named theirs i decided to call mine 'The British Edition'.

I then moved the headline to the other side of the front cover as it blended in more with the background colour and seemed to adapt more to the white on the shirt and carry on with the colour scheme of the Union Jack flag.

Further changes i made was the change of position of the coverline 'films that will bag you a girlfriend' and adding the date underneath the masthead.

I finished off the front cover by adding the barcode by using an image from the internet and turning it around.

I am happy with my front cover so far, however i still have a small feeling that it doesn't look 'professional' enough, so if i still have enough time in a few lessons, i may still make a few changes.

Right now, i am still working on my article.
600 words have been done so far and it is being written very carefully to avoid being redrafted far too many times or having to make too many changes, i am aiming to do about 1250 words hopefully.
I am still in the process of planning out the article and writing it as i go along.

This is what my front cover looks like as of present.
Front Cover

Becky.

No comments: